Retail Sales Specialist
Do you love serving people and making things look beautiful?
We are looking for someone who is...
- Energized around people
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Enjoys working as a team to solve problems
- Takes feedback well and loves learning
- Passionate about their work, taking pride and care in everything they do
- Reliable, precise, and organized
- Desires a part-time job minimum of 20 hours up to 35 hours per week that includes Saturdays. Full day shifts 9:45 am-6:15 pm
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks without supervision after training period
- At least 18 years old
- Retail or server experience is a real plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is also a plus
You will enjoy...
- A fun, cozy, positive, delightful place to work with an amazing team and customers
- $13.00 per hour to start depending on experience, with a raise when you can work independently after about 60 days.
- Paid time off
- Holiday bonuses
- Generous employee discounts
- Helping customers make the perfect purchase
- Communicating clearly with all of the departments within Soapy Gnome, working together to make business goals
- Setting and meeting front of house and online sales goals
- Checking in inventory, pricing, and displaying merchandise on the shelves
- Using technology to process sales and inventory
- Reordering out-of-stock merchandise
- Training new employees on sales techniques
- Packaging and shipping orders
- Answering customer inquiries over the phone, email, and social media
- Maintaining a clean and functional shop
- Money handling
- Setting displays while also helping customers
- 95% of your time will be on the floor assisting customers and handling the front of house.
- Be able to move about on the floor freely during 8 hour shifts
- Able to be around strong scents and essential oils
- Sign a non-disclosure, non-compete agreement.
- Proficient with basic math
- Read and write English at a ninth-grade level
- Comfortable with technology and computers
- Have availability between the hours of 10 am-6 pm M-F, and Saturdays 10-4 (9-6 during the Holidays)
- Willing to take a drug test
- Must be available Saturdays. Can request one Saturday off per month.
- Must be available during the Holidays. November 1-December 31. No time off approved on Thanksgiving Weekend or the Saturday before Christmas.
- Proper Covid Protocols are Non-Negotiable! Our staff is fully vaxxed, boosted and wear masks. We require that all new hires are as well.
This is a great job for someone that wants to work downtown with a really amazing group of customers and a drama-free team that loves working together. Soapy Gnome is growing in a lot of new directions and its fun to be a part of it.
Previous experience in sales or as a server is a plus.
Soapy Gnome has a great team and amazing customers. We strive to provide a cozy shopping experience for our customers, listening to their needs and helping them make the perfect purchase. We want Soapy Gnome to be their happy place and yours!
Directions for Application
To apply, send a resume or job history to email@example.com with “Job Inquiry” in the subject line. Please include a few paragraphs about why this job interests you and a list of three references, two of which should be work, school, or volunteer related.
We will begin scheduling interviews with qualified candidates on February 1st, so don’t delay!