Job: Wholesale Coordinator
Do you love connecting with people and, putting systems in place?
We have a role opening for a wholesale coordinator.
We need someone to take the lead on our wholesale program within our business. So far, it's been a hodge-podge of people patching together something to work, but we are ready to grow and scale and this role needs a champion to take it and run.
We sell to places like food co-ops, gift stores, and do some private label. We also attend some tradeshows and manage online wholesale accounts that could be compared to something like Etsy for reference.
We've done a good job of putting systems into place for much of our business operations, but wholesale needs some work. We haven't had one person that "owned" this area, so we're looking for one person to put systems into place and manage it. This job has a lot of variety and can grow into full-time quickly with the right person in place.
The wholesale coordinator would be in charge of the following:
- Reaching out to prospective wholesale accounts via the phone (primary) and email (secondary). Must LOVE talking on the phone.
- Help onboard new wholesale clients into our online ordering system.
- Update our wholesale products on Faire, Rangeme, and our Shopify site.
- Prepare wholesale orders for shipment.
- Handle any issues with orders or shipments.
- Put together standard operating procedures and best practices for wholesale.
- Work with the production team to keep them informed of upcoming orders.
- Perhaps attend tradeshows to help sell to new customers -- out of state, usually a few days at a time.
- Make sure that payments are made in a timely manner. Follow up on past due accounts.
Currently this role takes about 8-10 hours per week, but will grow into about 24-30 hours per week or even full-time. In the time being, it can be combined with working on the sales floor to make it a 30 hour per week position.
We are looking for someone who is...
- Energized around people
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Enjoys working as a team to solve problems
- Takes feedback well and loves learning
- Passionate about their work, taking pride and care in everything they do
- Reliable, precise, and organized
- Our business hours are 10-6 M-F. If you can work at least one Saturday a month, that is a plus.
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks without supervision after training period
- At least 18 years old
- Bilingual in Spanish is also a plus
- Sales, customer service, communications, public relations, or bookkeeping experience could be a real plus, but specific experience is not required. This role requires a variety of skills and will suit a self-starter, lifetime learner really well.
You will enjoy...
- A fun, cozy, positive, delightful place to work with an amazing team and customers
- Paid time off
- Holiday bonuses
- Simple IRA contributions for 20+ hours per week
- Generous employee discounts
- Following up over the phone with wholesale and private label customers
- Helping wholesale customers make the perfect purchase
- Communicating clearly with all of the departments within Soapy Gnome, working together to make business goals
- Setting and meeting wholesale sales goals
- Using technology--sometimes learning new software or websites on your own
- Following up with wholesale accounts
- Writing up standard operating procedures for staff training in wholesale
- Packaging and shipping wholesale orders
- Answering customer inquiries over the phone, email, and social media
- Maintaining wholesale customer database
- Writing newsletters and emails to communicate with wholesale customers
- Setting displays while also helping customers at wholesale tradeshows
- Ability to use computer software
- Friendly and warm phone etiquette
- Able to be around strong scents and essential oils
- Sign a non-disclosure, non-compete agreement.
- Proficient with basic math
- Great writing skills
- Comfortable with technology and computers
- Have availability between the hours of 10 am-6 pm M-F, and Saturdays 10-4 if you desire more hours
- Willing to take a drug test
- Must be available during the Holidays. November 1-December 31. No time off approved on Thanksgiving Weekend or the Saturday before Christmas.
- Proper Covid Protocols are Non-Negotiable! Our staff is fully vaxxed, boosted and wear masks. We require that all new hires are as well.
This is a great job for someone that wants to work downtown with a really amazing group of customers and a drama-free team that loves working together. Soapy Gnome is growing in a lot of new directions and its fun to be a part of it.
Soapy Gnome has a great team and amazing customers. We strive to provide a cozy shopping experience for our customers, listening to their needs and helping them make the perfect purchase. We want Soapy Gnome to be their happy place and yours!
Directions for Application
To apply, send a resume or job history to email@example.com with “Job Inquiry” in the subject line. Please include a few paragraphs about why this job interests you and a list of three references, two of which should be work, school, or volunteer related.
We will begin scheduling interviews with qualified candidates the week of February 1st, so don’t delay!